THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 5, 2011

Strawberry Vanilla Cream Scones

Today was my sister in law's doing of inspiring me to make this
particular flavor of scone.
Today is Labor Day so I did want to make something nice.
Although, my parents came home from their cruise late at night last night
so we spent the whole day talking about it and chilling.
What do I bake most???
For right now it is definitely scones...
But I hope this changed in the future.
The scones turned out fairly well but everyone still says that my 'Blueberry Scones'
are still top notch.
I keep trying different flavors though i think next is going to be cinnamon (mom's request).
This time I had to use milk instead of heavy whipping cream it didn't make much of a difference,
except the dough was a lot less smooth it was more puffy like a donut.
I also only had frozen strawberries so that was kind of a fail, but remember this was kind of on a whim so i decided to find anything in substitute for what i needed.
I did a glaze that was yummy, a vanilla type glaze.... it was awesome.
My aunt just scarfed them down and I still have to stop myself from doing the same.
But low and behold the...
Strawberry Vanilla Cream Scone


YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment